We’ve tried to answer some of the more frequently asked questions below. If you wish to know more about what we do, please don’t hesitate to get in touch via phone, email or social media – we will only be too happy to help!
Do you deliver furniture that I have purchased?
- Yes – all Community Furniture Stores deliver within their local area.
What payment methods are available?
- While we accept cash, we also take card payments over £10. We accept most major debit/credit cards (Visa/Maestro/MasterCard) apart from American Express.
What evidence to I need to qualify for concessionary prices?
- If you are on Universal Credit, a means-tested benefit or are a student you will need to provide some form of documentation to prove this e.g. student card or Universal Credit statement.
Is there car parking available at all of your stores?
- Each of our stores has free parking. If you visit the York store please avoid parking in front of the loading bay which our vans need access to on return from their rounds. This is for your own safety. Our stores do get busy so please remain vigilant for other vehicles coming and going.
Can I reserve any items that I see in store or on Facebook?
- Currently, we do not allow anyone to reserve items of furniture or leave a deposit.
What if I notice that my furniture is damaged when I receive it?
- All furniture is sold “as seen” and given that most of our furniture is pre-owed it may show signs of wear and tear. Each item goes through a quality control inspection upon collection to make sure that it is at least usable. Please check the item carefully in the store. If you believe damage has been done while delivering the furniture please get in contact with the store where you made your purchase so that this can be resolved as efficiently as possible.
What size beds do you sell and are mattresses included in the price?
- We sell a range of new beds and mattresses, from single to superking size at various prices according to quality. Please visit your local store to see our range of beds.
What is the best thing to do if I wish to donate furniture?
- If you have furniture to donate, call to speak to one of our team who will then arrange a delivery date with you. Alternatively if you know that you can fit the item(s) in your vehicle you are more than welcome to bring it to us. Items must be clean and reusable. Soft furnishings muct have a fire safety label. Electrical items must be in working order.
Can I choose a delivery and collection time?
- Due to the high demand it is not possible to specify a time or even date, however, our vans are out and about 5 days a week and we will always take into account dates and times that will work for you.
What should I do if I want to volunteer?
- If you are interested in volunteering, please call into one of our store or rung up and speak to the Store Manager. All enquiries are very welcome and we will do our best to accommodate you where we can.
Are you dog and child-friendly?
- Yes, though please understand that for the safety of everyone involved both children and dogs cannot be left to their own devices while in store.
Do you deliver and collect on a Saturday?
- None of our stores currently collect or deliver on a Saturday, although we are reviewing this.