York Driver Recruitment
Do you want to join our team?
Community Furniture Stores York is looking for an enthusiastic and reliable driver to join our warehouse team and help make a real difference to the people of York. Community Furniture Store is an important York charity which collects and sells donated household goods and furniture. The work we do supports people in poverty, provides work placements to people from a range of backgrounds and supports the environment by reducing waste going to landfill.
We are looking for someone to support our important work as part of our warehouse and delivery team as a team driver.
The role involves:
· Safe and careful driving of a 3.5t van in and around York area
· Loading and unloading of customer deliveries and collection of donated items including heavy furniture items (manual handling training provided)
· Supporting the operations manager with stock management and movement within the warehouse and shop areas
· Providing excellent customer service when liaising with customers before and during deliveries and collections
· Cleaning of donated items using steam and other cleaners
In return we can offer you:
· Sociable working hours between 8am and 5pm Monday – Friday (max 37.5 hours per week- some Saturday work may be required in the future)
· 28 days paid holiday per annum (pro-rated for part time roles)
· Opportunity for flexible working – although this is a full time role we would also welcome applications from people looking for part time work 2,3 or 4 days a week
· Permanent job contract
· All uniform and PPE provided free of charge
· No bank holiday working
· Hourly Pay £9.20 per hour
· Feel good factor of working for an important local charity really making a difference to communities in York
For more information about the role including essential person specification please read the job description:
To apply for this role please submit a CV with a covering letter telling us about your experiences and reasons for applying for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 9th January 2022
If you need help downloading the job description or have any further questions about the role please contact email@example.com or phone 01904 426444. Please note we are closed Friday 24th December until Tuesday 4th January so will respond to any queries received during this time after we return on 4th January.
Volunteer with us
We are always looking for volunteers to support our work. Volunteering provides a great opportunity to learn new skills and meet new people, as well as helping people in your local community. It can help expand your CV if you’re looking for work and we can provide you with a reference for a future employer.
One of our valued volunteers
We are particularly looking for volunteers to help us with customer service, IT reuse, warehouse work and in our workshops. Hours are by agreement and training, uniform and PPE are provided.
For further details call your local store or see our volunteer flyer