Due to the ongoing Covid-19 situation all three stores have put in place a set of measures to allow us to reopen safely, and protect both team members and visitors to our stores.
Visiting the store:
- We are asking anyone with signs of the virus or that has had contact with someone who does, to not enter the store.
- All stores have a notice describing how many customers can enter at any one time
- For busy periods, each store has set up a spaced queuing system outside.
- Hand sanitizer is available on entering the store and we ask everyone to use it before browsing.
- ALL customers are required to wear a face mask or covering while in store.
- Each store has a recommended one way route marked out.
- Please make sure you stand 2m (6 feet) apart using the marked lines on the floor of the store.
- Till guards have been installed to protect team members and visitors.
- A full cleaning rota is in place to make sure surfaces are safe for everyone.
- Wherever possible we are asking visitors to please use contactless card payment, this is available for up to £45. Sanitizer wipes are available for the card machines before use.
- Team members will be using gloves and masks where necessary when assisting visitors.
- We ask that if you need assistance moving a purchase you allow team members to do this for you but not with you.
TO MAINTAIN EVERYONE’S WELLBEING, ANYONE NOT FOLLOWING THESE GUIDELINES OR FOUND TO BE PUTTING THE HEALTH AND WELL BEING OF OTHERS AT RISK WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE STORE.
Donating to us:
We are very grateful for donations and will continue to accept them as much as possible, but we have had to change the way in which donations are collected and stored within our premises. This means we are having to restrict the items we collect and also restrict the amount of items collected/donated to allow us to quarantine safely. The following procedures have been implemented and will remain in place until further notice:
- When calling about a donation, we will ask you some questions about your household. If anyone is showing COVID symptoms or has been requested to isolate due to Track and Trace regulations we will be unable to collect items at this time.
- We also ask that you inform us of any vulnerable residents so we can ensure they are protected.
- When arranging a collection, customers will be asked to leave items at the front of the property where possible. When this isn’t possible the item should be moved as close as practically possible to the ground floor front door or an outbuilding. We will communicate with you to support this.
- Staff collecting the item will be wearing appropriate PPE to ensure everyone’s safety.
- During our visit, we ask that only one resident interacts with the Van team and ensures they maintain a minimum 2 meter distance for everyone’s safety.
- We specifically ask that no donor attempt to assist the Van team to move donations.
- Some stores may have to restrict the quantity and size of collections due to reduced staffing.
- Community Furniture Stores do not offer a disposal service and any furniture that the staff team deem to be unfit for sale will be declined.
- Items collected will be placed in a collections bay on return to the Store and left in quarantine for 72 hours.
- Items with hard surfaces will be sanitized using a suitable product before being made available for sale.
- Soft furnishings will be cleaned using a steam cleaner and left for 72 hours from the time of collection before being made available for sale.
Delivery of items from our stores has also been reviewed and changes implemented to follow government health and safety guidance. The following procedures have been implemented and will remain in place until further notice:
- When an item is to be delivered, we will contact the customer to enquire about the circumstances within the household, If anyone is showing symptoms or has been requested to isolate due to Track and Trace regulations please ensure we are informed so we can implement a contact free delivery.
- We will not be able to make a delivery if anyone is showing COVID symptoms or has been requested to isolate due to Track and Trace regulations.
- For the safety of our staff and customers we are offering a doorstep only delivery service at this time.
- Staff delivering the item will be wearing appropriate PPE.
If you have any queries please contact your local store directly. We thank you in advance for your patience, understanding and co-operation in these difficult times and wish everyone safety and good health.