DATA PROTECTION – PRIVACY STATEMENT – SUMMARY
Community Furniture Store (York) Ltd Charity No. 1114605 Company No. 05748697
Community Furniture Store (Selby) Ltd Charity No. 1114619 Company No. 05748655
Community Furniture Store (Ryedale) Ltd Charity No. 1156411 Company No. 08384583
The Community Furniture Stores in York, Selby & Scarborough collect personal information when you register with us, make a donation or place an order for products or services.
- We will only use this information to provide the services that you have requested, claim Gift Aid on donations and maintain guarantee records.
- We will use statistical information that does not identify you in any way as part of our business management systems. For example, the number of people who buy items from us at a discount, or the post code areas where collections and deliveries are made.
- We will not share your information for marketing purposes with other companies or organisations.
- We use CCTV in store for the purposes of safety and crime detection and monitoring.
At the Community Furniture Stores, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit us or use our services either in person or remotely, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check with us occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or by writing to us at Unit 29, The Raylor Centre, James Street, York YO10 3DW.
Who are we?
We are a group of three separately registered charities operating with a shared board of director / trustees. Each charity operates for the benefit of their local population by ensuring household goods are not destroyed or sent to landfill unnecessarily by receiving donations of reusable furniture, electrical goods, and other items that are then sold on at low prices to both people in need and the general public or repurposed for sale. We also supply a range of new furniture and white goods at affordable prices. Income received from sales is used to cover our costs and to finance other important work such as work placements for individuals seeking work experience or who have special needs. We also offer volunteering opportunities.
How do we collect information from you?
We will obtain personal information from you when you make an in-person, online, written or telephone order for purchase, register with us, make a donation, apply for a project or otherwise voluntarily provide us with personal information.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what website pages are accessed and when. If you make a donation or purchase a product from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions, as explained below.
Sensitive Personal Information
Sometimes we may need to ask you for information of a sensitive nature, such as whether or not you qualify for disabled or other State Benefits. This will only be done for the purpose of establishing whether or not you qualify for purchase of goods at discounted prices or for statistical purposes when applying for grant funding or making statutory returns. Your personal information will never be shared with any other organisation except as part of a set of statistics on the services we provide.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
* process a donation that you have made;
* process purchase orders that you have made;
* to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
* seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
* notify you of changes to our services;
* send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about campaigns, appeals, other fundraising activities, promotions of our associated charities’ goods and services;
* process a job or volunteer application;
* compile anonymised statistics to statutory bodies or as part of an application for funding from grant making and other bodies.
* we may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us provide a full service to you.
* we may also use your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations (for example the collection of Gift Aid). We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to provide you with goods and services that we cannot). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond the Community Furniture Store group of charities for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.